A new era for the Australian Web Awards
There were some changes to the Australian Web Awards categories from previous years and we have listened to members and previous entrants feedback and adjusted our categories to reflect an evolving digital landscape in Australia.
Here’s what changed:
- The Commercial category is now called Medium-to-Large Business
- We have adjusted the requirements of the Small Business category to make it more accessible (and less opaque)
- We have introduced TWO NEW CATEGORIES: Shoestring Website (budget under $10,000) and SEO Effectiveness
- The StartUp category has been retired but startups are now eligible to enter the Small Business category
- We have revised the explanation of the Social Media category and renamed it Social Media Growth.
Our judging process remains the same and we’re excited to welcome new experts from emerging digital fields to help us award the very best in digital.
2020 Awards Categories
The categories for the Australian Web Awards 2020 were:
- Shoestring Website (budget under $10,000) - New
- Social Media Growth - Revised
- Small Business
- Medium-to-Large Business (previously Commercial)
- Not for Profit
- SEO Effectiveness - New
See our 2020 Australian Web Award Winners announcement here